Navigating new tax treatment of legal fees under the Trump Tax Law:
What cases have tax worries, and what are still OK?
• Legal fee deductions ‘above the line,’ what that means, and why it is important.
• Taxes on confidential sexual harassment cases
• Handling Forms 1099 and checks
• What to do with settlement agreement tax language
• Giving tax advice vs. telling clients to get their own
Robert W. Wood (Chair) is a tax lawyer with Wood LLP and the author of Taxation of Damage Awards and Settlement
Payments and other tax books. He often advises litigants and attorneys about the tax treatment of legal settlements, and handles many other tax matters. He is a Certified Tax Specialist, a frequent expert witness, and is a tax columnist for Forbes and Tax Notes.
Click here to download the PDF Registration Form and pay by mail.
Mail completed form and check to:
311 California Street, Suite 620
San Francisco, CA 94104
SFTLA Conference Room
311 California Street, Suite 620, San Francisco
SFTLA does not provide refunds for cancellations, however, substitutes may attend in place for a registrant.